A True Legend
Designed by Ted Geary as one of eight ships of her class in 1928-1930, all of which are still in service.
CANIM was built at Lake Union Drydocks, Seattle, WA in 1930 for Col. C. B. Blethen as a private yacht.
|Length: 96'4"||Draft: 7'6"|
|Beam: 18'10"||Displacement: 89 TONS|
|Fuel Capacity: 2400 GAL.||Water Capacity: 800 GAL.|
|Power: (2) Cummins: 325 HP||Cruising Speed: 10 KNOTS|
CANIM has 7"x 7" frames of yellow cedar on 20" centers. Hull planking is 2" old-growth Douglas fir over diagonal 1" yellow cedar, main deck is 3" yellow cedar and boat deck is 1" red cedar. All framing and planking is clear, quarter sawn and original. Interior woods are teak and mahogany. CANIM has been continuously upgraded since 2002.
CANIM is privately owned. Home port: Harbor Springs, MI USA.
"They mark our passage as a race of man.Earth should not see such ships as this again."